This is a guide for installing MidiKnobs with Cubase. Before following this guide, make sure that the app is connected to the server by following the installation guide.
1. Make sure that Midi Mixer is connected to the server by following the installation guide.
2. First you must add instruments or effects that you want to control to your project.
3. Go to Devices -> Device setup. Click on Generic Remote in the panel to the left. If the Generic Remote is not there, click on the plus in the upper left corner and add it.
4. Change MIDI Input to LoopBe or the virtual mididriver of your choice.
The order of the next steps is important.
5. Select Fader 1 in the upper section.
6. Move a controller in MidiMixer.
7. Press Learn. You will see that Midi channel and adress of Fader 1 will change.
8. Then select Fader 2 and move another control in MidiMixer and select learn. Repeat these steps for all controls you would like to use.
9. In the lower section you will choose which items these controls will map to. Depending on the instrument or effect you wish to control you will have to select different settings for Device, Channel/Category and Value/Action.